Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > How To's & DIY Mods > Suspension, Handling & Brakes

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 05-26-2016, 09:35 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 17771

Reputation Level: 0
WeekendGM is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Rear Stabilizer Bar Bushing Replacement

I have an '06 SL. I have been noticing a lot of sideways motion when driving over bumpy roads. Unfortunately a common occurrence in the DC area. I was inspecting the rear suspension and saw space between the stabilizer bar and the busing that holds the bar to the frame. I can push the sway bar side to side with my hand.

I got replacement bushings and was trying to remove the 14mm nuts holding the bushing clamps to the frame but was not able to get a socket on the nut closer to the rear of the car due to interference with the rear lower link.

Does anyone have any tricks for getting at this nut?
WeekendGM is offline   Send a private message to WeekendGM Find more posts by WeekendGM Add WeekendGM to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-27-2016, 08:05 AM   #2
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 16528

Reputation Level: 6
Zillafreak is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Re: Rear Stabilizer Bar Bushing Replacement

I used a 1/2" impact with a deep well socket. Was able to reach them on my 04.

I had a similar issue as you, but found out my cause was a tire that would leak and become low (couldn't really tell it was low by looking at it till it was less than 10psi).