Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > How To's & DIY Mods > Suspension, Handling & Brakes

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 02-23-2010, 05:08 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 1

Reputation Level: 20
EddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to behold

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Visit EddyMaxx's Facebook Visit EddyMaxx's PS3 Profile Visit EddyMaxx's YouTube
Default How to Install Activetuning Custom 8-Way Adjustable Shocks

Courtesy of Active Tuning
http://www.activetuning.com/products...stallation.php

*Pictures are from an Altima but its the same for the 6thgens.
-----

Tools Required
  • Jack(s)
  • Jack Stands (optional but recommended)
  • Air Compressor (optional)
  • Air Wrench (optional)
  • 3/8 and / or 1/2 Torque Wrench(es) (recommended) and / or Socket Wrench(es)
  • Socket Wrench Extensions (optional but recommended)
  • 12mm, 14mm, & 17mm Sockets
  • 14mm, 17mm, & 19mm Box Wrenches
  • Large Vice Grips
  • Work Gloves (optional but recommended)
  • Safety Glasses (optional but recommended)
Installation
Thanks to Jayman9207 from Altimas.net

1. Properly jack up one side of the rear of the car (See Your Owners Manual for proper jack locations) and take the wheel off. Placing a jack stand under the car for additional support and safety is recommended.

2. The ESM recommends that you use a jack on the rear lower link to act as support while removing the rear shock. Be sure and do not put too much pressure on the rear shock when removing. It only needs to act as support. Remove the lower shock mount bolt (17mm Socket).

Click the image to open in full size.

3. Remove the two upper shock mount nuts (12mm Socket). Remove the jack supporting the lower link. Remove the OE shock from the car by pushing up on the shock from where the shock mount bolt is and then pull the shock down and out.

4. Take the cap and gasket off of the top of the OE shock and remove the upper nut (14mm Wrench) from the OE shock shaft. I used a large vice grip on the top of the OEM shock shaft to keep it from spinning.
5. Disassemble the OE shock upper mount assembly (Parts #2 - 8 Above). Set these and the cap and gasket from Step #4 above aside because you will be reusing these parts when assembling the new AT KYB rear shocks. Make note of how each of the parts came off. Clean up and inspect the disassembled parts for any damage (replace if necessary).

6. Reassemble the original OE shock upper mount assembly parts from above onto the new ActiveTuning KYB rear shocks. Be sure and use the new gold upper nut (14mm Socket) provided with the new ActiveTuning rear shocks when reassembling (replaces OE nut removed in Step #4). I used a large vice grip again on the top of the new ActiveTuning KYB shock shaft to keep it from spinning. Once tight I checked it with a torque wrench.

7. Install the new ActiveTuning rear shock onto the car in the reverse order of the above installation instructions. Be sure and use the new locknut (19mm Wrench) provided with the new ActiveTuning KYB rear shocks when reinstalling the lower shock mount bolt. Use the jack to push the rear lower link all the way up on one side of the car in order to get the shock on all the way so the bolt would slide through. Set the adjustment dial on the new ActiveTuning rear shock to desired level and reinstall the tire. Repeat these steps for the other side of the car and go have some fun!!

Install time was about 20 - 25 minutes per side. These installation instructions are to act as a guide if you decide to install the ActiveTuning KYB Rear Shocks yourself. We are not responsible for any injuries or damage that may result from improperly following these instructions or using improper tools. Please take your time and use ever precaution to be safe and use safety equipment.

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
EddyMaxx is offline   Send a private message to EddyMaxx Find more posts by EddyMaxx Add EddyMaxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top