Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > How To's & DIY Mods > Suspension, Handling & Brakes

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:23 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 5802

Reputation Level: 0
Max4life is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default How Do You Tighten Your E-Brake

Hey all! so recently I noticed my e brake has become really loose that I can lift it up with my pinky finger. Does anyone know how to tighten it? specifically for maximas.
Max4life is offline   Send a private message to Max4life Find more posts by Max4life Add Max4life to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 09-02-2013, 07:30 PM   #2
Executive Member

Official Member #: 1924

Reputation Level: 24
Latinmaxima is on a distinguished road

Visit Latinmaxima's Facebook Visit Latinmaxima's PS3 Profile Visit Latinmaxima's YouTube Visit Latinmaxima's Xbox Gamercard
Default Re: How Do You Tighten Your E-Brake

You will want to check the shoes on the rears. In addition to that there is a hole in the boot when you lift the handle with a 10mm but I believe. You need a deep well and extension. That will titghten the cable but I recommend changing the shoes first.

So says latinmaxima, so it shall be!
Old 09-02-2013, 07:33 PM   Thread Starter #3

Official Member #: 5802

Max4life is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Latinmaxima View Post
You will want to check the shoes on the rears. In addition to that there is a hole in the boot when you lift the handle with a 10mm but I believe. You need a deep well and extension. That will titghten the cable but I recommend changing the shoes first.

So says latinmaxima, so it shall be!
Yeah changing them tomorrow but i thought there was something that needed to be tightened under the car.
Max4life is offline   Send a private message to Max4life Find more posts by Max4life Add Max4life to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 09-03-2013, 04:14 AM   #4

Official Member #: 6274

Reputation Level: 8
O.G.Nat-tral is an unknown quantity at this point

Visit O.G.Nat-tral's PS3 Profile Visit O.G.Nat-tral's Twitter Visit O.G.Nat-tral's YouTube

good info to know..

Abused VQ
O.G.Nat-tral is offline   Send a private message to O.G.Nat-tral Find more posts by O.G.Nat-tral Add O.G.Nat-tral to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 11-08-2015, 09:26 PM   #5

Official Member #: 17261

Brianc72gt is an unknown quantity at this point

Before you change out the rear parking brake shoes (not the rear pads), pop the rubber plug out of the rear disc with he hole up near 12 o'clock and use a flat blade screwdriver to adjust the star wheel a click at a time until it becomes difficult to turn the rotor by hand then back it off a click. Do the same on both sides. THEN adjust the cable slack at the handle.
Brianc72gt is offline   Send a private message to Brianc72gt Find more posts by Brianc72gt Add Brianc72gt to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top