Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > How To's & DIY Mods > Audio, Video & Electronics

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:37 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 1

Reputation Level: 20
EddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to behold

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Visit EddyMaxx's Facebook Visit EddyMaxx's PS3 Profile Visit EddyMaxx's YouTube
Default How to Reprogram Integrated HomeLink

1. Test HomeLink transceiver by pressing any button (red indicator light should come on)

Click the image to open in full size.

2. Clear all channels by pressing both outside buttons at the same time on HomeLink and hold until red indicator light blinks rapidly (approximately 20 seconds), then release.

3. Program HomeLink with your hand-held transceiver.

Press the button you want to program, and activate the hand-held transceiver until "red indicator light" blinks 'slowly' (programming mode, hold buttons down).

4.Continue holding down HomeLink and hand-held transceiver buttons until red indicator light blinks 'rapidly' (this may take 1-30 seconds), then release. You can now use HomeLink instead of you hand-held transceiver.

Note: If more transceiver needs to be program, repeat steps 3 and 4 in a different button on the sunvisor's HomeLink

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
CJMcBreezy (02-06-2011), Deadbolt (02-07-2011), pbf_rellz (10-29-2014)
EddyMaxx is offline   Send a private message to EddyMaxx Find more posts by EddyMaxx Add EddyMaxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-06-2011, 11:35 PM   #2
Avondale's Finest Official 6th Gen!

Official Member #: 1692

Reputation Level: 12
CJMcBreezy is on a distinguished road

Participation Level: 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

/ Point Value: 10

Visit CJMcBreezy's Facebook Visit CJMcBreezy's Twitter Visit CJMcBreezy's Xbox Gamercard
Default Re: How to Reprogram Integrated HomeLink

i had a question about this and asked the dealer and they had no idea mayb you would be able to help. if you have the homelink programmed and got ur max sittin outside for the night and someone breaks into your car and hits that button, if your car is locked is the homelink dissabled??? cuz if not i wouldnt even bother prgramming it
CJMcBreezy is offline   Send a private message to CJMcBreezy Find more posts by CJMcBreezy Add CJMcBreezy to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-06-2011, 11:39 PM   #3
Executive Member

Official Member #: 684

Reputation Level: 74
Thundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the rough

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

/ Point Value: 5

Originally Posted by 04maxxx View Post
i had a question about this and asked the dealer and they had no idea mayb you would be able to help. if you have the homelink programmed and got ur max sittin outside for the night and someone breaks into your car and hits that button, if your car is locked is the homelink dissabled??? cuz if not i wouldnt even bother prgramming it
That is a very good question.

I have a question for you. If you have home link programmed, you obviously have a garage. Why don't you park your car in the garage at night?

Originally quoted by SH@Y86
Every time I think of judge Judy I think of her sitting in a court room with a name plate that reads Thundershott
Thundershott is offline   Send a private message to Thundershott Find more posts by Thundershott Add Thundershott to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-07-2011, 12:14 AM   #4

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Visit CJMcBreezy's Facebook Visit CJMcBreezy's Twitter Visit CJMcBreezy's Xbox Gamercard

LOL haha yeah i know that dude but sometimes i get too tired or if i buzzin dont wanna move it cuz i have alot of toys in the garage i have a 2 car garage with an 80 malibu an 08 gixxer an 06 raptor and the 04 max that all fits in, tightly, but none the less i make it work lol...
CJMcBreezy is offline   Send a private message to CJMcBreezy Find more posts by CJMcBreezy Add CJMcBreezy to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-07-2011, 01:08 AM   #5
Executive Member

Official Member #: 684

Reputation Level: 74
Thundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the rough

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

/ Point Value: 5

LOL haha yeah i know that dude but sometimes i get too tired or if i buzzin dont wanna move it cuz i have alot of toys in the garage i have a 2 car garage with an 80 malibu an 08 gixxer an 06 raptor and the 04 max that all fits in, tightly, but none the less i make it work lol...
Okay, just wondered why you didn't use your garage.

I hope someone can answer your unique question.

Originally quoted by SH@Y86
Every time I think of judge Judy I think of her sitting in a court room with a name plate that reads Thundershott
Thundershott is offline   Send a private message to Thundershott Find more posts by Thundershott Add Thundershott to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-07-2011, 01:31 AM   #6
I Am Just A Man

Official Member #: 175

Deadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the rough

Yes, it'll still open your garage. The so-called factory security system is only progammed to disable ignition... it won't disable the battery out of your car. As long as your car has power somehow, it'll enable that garage opener.

I never programmed mine, and mostly likely wont for that reason.

Now, what are the odds of some idiot breaking into your car at night while you're home and want to come into your garage/house after? That's beyond me. If someone is dumb enough to rob your car and come into your place, he's asking to be killed.

Currently Own: 2004 Silver 6th Gen / 2009 White 7th Gen / 2011 Black 7th Gen

Disclaimer: By being a member of my4th/5th/6th/7thgen.org, you acknowledge and agree that if no pics are posted within 24 hours of any installed modification, you can, and will, be automaticly BANNED for 48 hours.
Deadbolt is offline   Send a private message to Deadbolt Find more posts by Deadbolt Add Deadbolt to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-07-2011, 01:40 AM   #7

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

yes well i live in arizona and there is tons of theft here. and i live in a pretty decent area but the last few months everyones cars and garages have been gettin broken into so thats the reason i asked. btw can someone explain how to check pm's? it keeps saying i have an unread notification but everytime i try to check it i dont see a fuckin message and the blinkin notification is still there, drivin me nuts
Old 02-07-2011, 01:43 AM   #8
I Am Just A Man

Official Member #: 175

Deadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the rough

yes well i live in arizona and there is tons of theft here. and i live in a pretty decent area but the last few months everyones cars and garages have been gettin broken into so thats the reason i asked. btw can someone explain how to check pm's? it keeps saying i have an unread notification but everytime i try to check it i dont see a fuckin message and the blinkin notification is still there, drivin me nuts
If you click that blinking message, it should bring a drop-down menu. Look to see which section of it has a number next to it in the far right side.

If you still can't get it, PM me your pswrd and I'll check it for you, then you can change your passwrd after.

Currently Own: 2004 Silver 6th Gen / 2009 White 7th Gen / 2011 Black 7th Gen

Disclaimer: By being a member of my4th/5th/6th/7thgen.org, you acknowledge and agree that if no pics are posted within 24 hours of any installed modification, you can, and will, be automaticly BANNED for 48 hours.
Deadbolt is offline   Send a private message to Deadbolt Find more posts by Deadbolt Add Deadbolt to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top