Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > How To's & DIY Mods > Audio, Video & Electronics

Old 06-08-2018, 06:55 AM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 18689

Reputation Level: 0
suzukigs750ez is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 80%
Activity: 80% Activity: 80% Activity: 80%
Default aftermarket head unit, need modules?

I do audio installs on the side but haven't done any Nissan's yet. Talking to the local audio business I remember him telling me the newer cars need modules. Understanding what they are, I'm curious if the 06 has them since there are a lot of controls that go through the stock unit. I see the sticky here, but I'm asking otherwise before I order. Also, if I make my settings before I install an aftermarket unit, will they stay once I remove and install the new one? Id like to get a navigation unit with backup camera, it's my girlfriend's car. Thanks guys.
suzukigs750ez is offline   Send a private message to suzukigs750ez Find more posts by suzukigs750ez Add suzukigs750ez to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 06-08-2018, 10:52 PM   #2
Reputable Member
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 1598

Reputation Level: 20
smittybizzle will become famous soon enough

Participation Level: 60%
Activity: 60% Activity: 60% Activity: 60%
Default Re: aftermarket head unit, need modules?

If you have Bose you will need a module, if you have NDSS (basic audio you don't need it).
smittybizzle is offline   Send a private message to smittybizzle Find more posts by smittybizzle Add smittybizzle to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top