Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > How To's & DIY Mods > Audio, Video & Electronics

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 06-08-2018, 06:55 AM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 18689

Reputation Level: 0
suzukigs750ez is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 80%
Activity: 80% Activity: 80% Activity: 80%
Default aftermarket head unit, need modules?

I do audio installs on the side but haven't done any Nissan's yet. Talking to the local audio business I remember him telling me the newer cars need modules. Understanding what they are, I'm curious if the 06 has them since there are a lot of controls that go through the stock unit. I see the sticky here, but I'm asking otherwise before I order. Also, if I make my settings before I install an aftermarket unit, will they stay once I remove and install the new one? Id like to get a navigation unit with backup camera, it's my girlfriend's car. Thanks guys.
suzukigs750ez is offline   Send a private message to suzukigs750ez Find more posts by suzukigs750ez Add suzukigs750ez to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 06-08-2018, 10:52 PM   #2
Reputable Member
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 1598

Reputation Level: 20
smittybizzle will become famous soon enough

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Re: aftermarket head unit, need modules?

If you have Bose you will need a module, if you have NDSS (basic audio you don't need it).
smittybizzle is offline   Send a private message to smittybizzle Find more posts by smittybizzle Add smittybizzle to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top