Banner of The Month  

/ Point Value: 10

V.I.P Member  

/ Point Value: 15

Spotlight Ride Of The Month  

/ Point Value: 5

Honorable Ride  

/ Point Value: 5

Default Too Much Free Time v.2010 (Plasti-Dip)

So after reading the plasti dip threads and doing some research (youtube) I decided to try it myself.

I probably should've started on something a little less valuable but what the hell.

I planned on doing a wheel in white (Ace Hardware sells different colors) to see how it looked but after spraying a tape measure it was clear that the color wouldnt match the car so I tried black.

Here's a few pics.

CLEANED WHEEL FACE AND LIP WITH RUBBING ALCOHOL

Click the image to open in full size.

TAPED OFF BARREL

TAPED OFF LIP

PLASTI DIP

I did this with 3-4 even coats. I started a little heavy on the first, hit it with a hair dryer (LOW TEMP) waited 10-15 minutes and applied another coat, hair dryer, etc...

Be sure to allow plenty of dry time. A hair dryer (NOT A HEAT GUN) really speeds things up. Slowly start unwrapping the lip. I lightly went around the perimeter with a plastic razor blade to seperate the paint from the tape. Untape the back side making sure you dont touch any painted areas.

TEST FIT

I knew I didnt like black right off the bat. Whats funny is out of the 15-20 sets of wheels ive had for this car, this is the first black wheel mounted.

HAD TO GO

This stuff peals off as easy as it goes on. As long as its dry it comes right off without leaving any residue at all. What was cool was the fact the rivets stayed black. Every one of them looks perfect. I LOVE IT.

BLACK vs. CHROME RIVETS

THOUGHTS?

This stuff is great. Period.

Im water proofing the servos on my nitro RC truck, painting some moldings on my van, blacking out my pathfinder emblems/skid plates and whatever else I can find now.

√ MY THREADS IN THE WHEELS/TIRES F/S SECTION

Last edited by KCMAXX; 11-18-2010 at 05:30 PM.
KCMAXX is offline   Send a private message to KCMAXX Find more posts by KCMAXX Add KCMAXX to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top