Thread: For Sale: Wilwood BBK Group Deal
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 06:12 PM   #25
EddyMaxx
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 1

Reputation Level: 20
EddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to behold

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Visit EddyMaxx's Facebook Visit EddyMaxx's PS3 Profile Visit EddyMaxx's YouTube
Default Re: Wilwood BBK Group Deal

Originally Posted by vitec115 View Post
This kit is for the maxima right so it will work ONLY with the stock rotor? or can we use a bigger rotor with this same kit?
Originally Posted by Bassem92 View Post
It fits your current stock rotors, and other brand rotors, as for the bigger size rotors I'm by sure maybe someone can chime in and answer that, I think should of it's the same width as a stock rotor
Originally Posted by dstruc View Post
i think you need a bigger caliper for a bigger rotor. i've seen them sell the 6 piston caliper and the 8 piston caliper. so im guessing you need a bigger caliper for a bigger rotor.
Originally Posted by Bassem92 View Post
i think if you use a lower piston caliper on a big rotor it wont stop as hard or be that effective, but it would still work, but yea i would say the bigger the rotor the bigger the caliper
Yeah you can use a bigger rotor and fast brakes even offers the kit: Brake Kits - Performance Pads, Rotors, Calipers & Brake Upgrades

I'm just not sure if they modify the adapter bracket to accommodate the bigger rotor (I would hope). I'm pretty sure they do because with the 300ZX TT BBK, there are two different bracket available. One for the 12.6" stock rotor and another for the 13" Cobra rotors.

I'm happy with my 12.6" Alien rotors and Wilwood 4-Piston Calipers.

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
EddyMaxx is offline   Send a private message to EddyMaxx Find more posts by EddyMaxx Add EddyMaxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top